TIPS ON HOW TO MAINTAIN A BALANCE DIET AND STAY HEALTHY ALWAYS
Considering the course we just concluded,
I am sure you’ve enjoyed it and you must have learn new knowledge and know more about Food, Nutrition, Nutrients and more.
We will be sharing together tips on how to ensure you eating a balanced diet and stay healthy always. Eating a healthy, balanced diet is an important part of maintaining good health, and can help you feel your best. It doesn’t have to be difficult either. Just follow the tips we will be sharing below.
1. EATING THE RIGHT NUMBER OF CALORIES FOR ACTIVENESS, this is needed so that you will be able to balance the energy you consume and the one you used. NOTE: if you eat too much you will gain weight and if you eat and drink too little, you’ll definitely lose weight. That’s why it’s necessary you consult a doctor and know how much calories you needed. Most people do consume more calories than they need.
2. EAT VARIETY OF FOODS NOT JUST A TYPE: Considering our recent post on various food nutrients, you are advised to eat a wide variety of foods as we have shared food nutrients and examples of food that as all this nutrients in them, to ensure you are getting the balanced diet and your body is receiving all the nutrients it needed.
3. TRY BASE YOUR DIETS ON CARBOHYDRATE FOODS: Carbohydrate foods should make up around two third of the foods you eat, you can check our nutrition post for examples of carbohydrate foods, they contain good dietary fiber and more nutritional and energy compounds.
4. ALWAYS INCLUDE A QUALITY AMOUNT OF FRUITS AND VEGGIES: Its recommended that we eat at least five portion of different types of fruits and vegetables daily. Eating enough quantity of fruits and vegetable can you help keep your body and health in the right condition. Take a glass of fruit juice, vegetable mixed with other food component in dishes can also contribute you can also take fresh fruit after each meal to help digestion and avoid constipation.
5. EAT MORE OF WHITE-MEAT AND SEAFOODS: Fish is a good example of what we are talking about it serves a source of animal protein, contains so many vitamins and mineral nutrients. Plan to include it in your diet at least thrice in a week, oily fish is high in omega-3-fats. This helps in preventing the heart diseases. You can choose any type of fish, raw, processed, frozen, or canned but remember fresh raw fish is the best we still going discuss more about the nutritional and health benefits of fish in another series. NOTE: if you regularly eat fish it’s advisable that you choose a wide variety of fish.
6. REDUCE YOUR INTAKE OF SATURATED FATS AND SUGAR: As we all wants to have fat in our diet for palatability and other purpose so as well we need to check the amount and basically the type of fat we are eating. We have two types of fats which includes saturated and unsaturated fat. Excessive intake of saturated fat can lead to an increase in the level of the cholesterol in the blood system making the body prone to some heart diseases and health risk. Saturated fats are common in foods like cheese, cakes, biscuits, sausages, cream, butter, lard and pies. It is advice we reduce the intake and choose the unsaturated such as vegetable oils, oily fish, and avocados, honey. Also most people take too much of sugar and sugary drinks which is disastrous to health, some of the drink can also includes alcohol which are high in energy and could increase the body weight. Reduce intake of sugary drinks, alcoholic drinks, cakes, biscuits and pastries, which contain added sugars. Unlike the natural sugars found in most carbohydrates, fruits and milk.
7. CHECK THE LEVEL OF SALT INTAKE: Even without taking more additional salts you might still be eating too much. Because about 3-quarater of food we eat contains salt. Eating too much salt can raise the level of blood pressure. People with such cases are liable to develop heart diseases or have stroke.
8. MAINTAIN A ACTIVE AND HEALTHY BODY WEIGHT: To maintain a active and healthy body weight balance diet is highly needed. Being overweight can lead to some health condition like obesity, diabetes, certain type of cancers and heart/lung diseases. Being underweight can also be disastrous to health, most adults needs a fewer calories and be active so as to be able to lose weight and eating a balance diet, plenty of fruits and vegetables as we have discussed earlier will go a long way to help, during the process of losing weight and getting active, remember not to reward yourself with a treat that is high in energy. If you are hungry after activity, advisable to choose foods or drinks that are lower in calories.
9. DRINK WATER AT REGULAR INTERVAL: Drinking water regularly helps keep the body system active all day, you should drink 1.2 liters of fluid daily so as not to get dehydrated which is an addition to the fluid gotten from food we eat. Milk and fruit juices are healthy and can help in increasing the level of water system in the body. NOTE: if proper digestion must take place then water must be well considered.
10. BREAKFAST IS ESSENTIAL IN HEALTHY LIVING: Breakfast is an essential part of daily nutrition and healthy living, most people think one of the ways by which they can lose weight is skipping their breakfast but it don’t just work that way. A healthy breakfast is an important part of balanced diet, and also provides us with some essential vitamins and mineral nutrients needed for healthy living. Whole meal cereals, with fruit sliced over the top or fruit juice and milk is a good tasty and nourishing breakfast. NOTE: breakfast helps your body to be active for the day activity.
If you have more to share to this great lesson please don’t hesitate to share via the comment box below