Why Everyone Especially Ladies Needs Fruits Vegetables Rich in Beta-Carotene
Beta-carotene is a carotenoid. Carotenoids are pigments that occur naturally and are usually found in plants.
1. Malnourished women use beta-carotene to reduce the chance of death and night blindness during pregnancy, as well as diarrhea and fever after giving birth.
2. Beta-carotene is used to decrease asthma symptoms caused by exercise.
3. Beta-carotene is considered an antioxidant and is also a precursor to vitamin A. This compound helps maintain healthy skin and also plays a vital role in eye health. Individuals who consume the necessary levels of beta-carotene can lower their risk for coronary artery disease, stroke, macular degeneration, and other age-related diseases.
4. During pregnancy and throughout the breastfeeding period, vitamin A has an important role in the healthy development of the foetus and the newborn.
5. Diets rich in beta carotene lower the risk of heart disease. Beta carotene works with vitamin E to reduce the oxidation of LDL-cholesterol, which lowers the risk of atherosclerosis and coronary heart disease.
6. People who eat diet rich in carotenoids, had a much lower risk of breast, colon and lung cancer. Carotenoids fight cancer through their antioxidant capacity. It also, keeps your cells in proper communication, an effective preventive measure against the growth of cancer cells.
7. Beta carotene helps activate your thymus gland. The thymus gland stimulates your immune system to fight off infections and viruses and destroy cancerous cells before they can spread.
8. Combining beta carotene with vitamins E and C offers significant protect against ultraviolet radiation from the sun. It’s interesting to note that vitamin C and vitamin E do not offer this protection on their own. This reinforces the fact that antioxidants work more effectively as a team.
8. Beta-carotene also improves the health of diabetic patients.
9. Beta-carotene is an effective treatment for dry skin and eczema.
We all need beta-carotene to stay healthy, but precaution is needed because excessive consumption of diets rich in beta-carotene could be harmful.